News

Bâtirente unveils a major commitment to climate action

Bâtirente unveils a major commitment to climate action

Responding to the urgent need to take action, Bâtirente is today unveiling an ambitious climate commitment. For more than 15 years, Bâtirente has worked with intensity and conviction to promote responsible finance, establishing itself as a well-known and respected industry leader. More than ever, there is consensus on the link between human activities and global warming, on the influence of global warming on the economy and investment, and on the need for a focused response.

read more
5 tips to help adjust your budget during COVID-19

5 tips to help adjust your budget during COVID-19

These challenging times haven’t just upended our daily routines, we’ve had to take a second look at our finances too. Has your budget taken a hit? Whether you had to postpone going on vacation or purchasing your dream home, revisiting financial priorities can mean putting important projects on hold. It’s not always easy.

read more
Measures in place to help you

Measures in place to help you

The situation with the COVID-19 is changing rapidly, day by day. Bâtirente monitors what is going on constantly and takes the necessary measures to ensure continuity in the management of your pension plan and your savings, as well as the security of our team and you, our members. The financial markets have been subject to strong fluctuations since the beginning of March. The situation has stabilized somewhat over the past two weeks but remains very volatile. It is important in this context to remain calm and make decisions with a longer-term perspective.

read more
RRSP OR TFSA: WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES?

RRSP OR TFSA: WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES?

An RRSP is a tax-deferral tool that helps you save for retirement. A TFSA is a savings tool that you can also use for retirement, as well as the other projects you have going on. In other words, we have two plans with two different sets of goals.

read more
3 tips for budgeting like a pro!

3 tips for budgeting like a pro!

Creating a budget isn't as scary or difficult as you think. All you have to do is sit down and look at your numbers, evaluate how much you earn and what your expenses are. A budget will help make sure you don't spend more than you earn, and it creates excellent...

read more
Retiring at 60 or 65?

Retiring at 60 or 65?

When do you want to retire? Retiring at 60 is very different from retiring at 65. Your retirement dreams will determine how much you need to save, and what your savings strategy should be. Don’t forget, it’s all about being prepared!

read more
Investing: the two golden rules of success

Investing: the two golden rules of success

Approximately 5% of Canada’s labour force works in the financial sector. For the other 95%, the topic of investing might be intimidating. Deciding where to invest is an important part of financial planning, and there’s no shame in admitting, “Umm, I’m not sure where I should invest my money”.

read more
Share This